Monday, October 13, 2014

A Girl

I’m a girl with a fragile heart
bandaged together with care
cracks spread everywhere
in danger of shattering
treat it with care-
i only have one.

I’m a girl with trust issues
break my trust once
it’s so hard to get back
but there is hope
if you want it bad enough
you will work to earn it back.

I’m a girl who uses writing to express herself
I'm not so good with words spoken out loud
pencil and paper are my voice
my words can be few
and full of meaning
or lots of words with little meaning

I'm a girl who hates being put on the spot
when asked a question randomly
i freeze up, forget to breathe
my face burns red, my body gets warm
i stutter, trip over my words
before they turn to someone else.

I’m a girl who is protective
of her family and friends
hurt them, i come after you
hurt me, they come after you
we protect each other
you’ve been warned.

I’m a girl who smiles a lot
finds happiness in most things
even the unpleasant ones
life is full of sunshine
but also filled with rain
the way you see it is up to you

No comments:

Post a Comment