Tuesday, October 21, 2014

There IS Hope

I myself have known what it feels like to have no one. To feel all alone. That no one cares about me or how I feel. I am a survivor of suicide and depression. Please don't give up. Be strong. There will ALWAYS be someone there for you.

At the time when I was at my lowest point in life, when I thought the only thing to do was end my life because I was just a troublemaker, that I would never amount to anything, that the only way to make everyone happy was if I was gone forever, etc.  I was listening to the radio and suddenly this talk show comes on.

This guy comes on and he accepts calls from anyone who may need help about any topic. He says he's not a licensed therapist but he does all he can to help those who call. They also have licensed therapists and counselors waiting to talk to you about anything and try to get you the help you need. They helped me a ton at that point in my life. I remember sitting in my room just crying. Trying to figure out what the point of my life was anymore. I ended up calling the show and just breaking down. I talked to a trained professional about everything that was on my mind for over four hours. I never expected for anyone to actually listen and talk me through everything that was going on. But they did.  After four hours I hung up the phone and just cried. Realizing how close I had come to ending it all over things that I thought were so big at the time. I know its kind of a cheesy thing to say but this radio show saved my life. I honestly don't know where I would be if I hadn't heard that show that night. I am how five years older and I couldn't be happier in my life right now. I feel so blessed some days its unreal. Feels almost like a dream.

Please, if you feel like there is no hope, that you feel like everything is falling apart, please talk to someone. Anyone. Your friend, family, your priest or bishop. Your old grade school teacher. Someone.

I am always here also. Feel free to email me or comment your email and I will reply as soon as possible. Just know there IS hope. Things WILL get better. I know because I have been there. I Struggled with suicide and depression for years before I realized how much life had to offer. And sometimes it knocks you down but eventually you get up, you dust yourself off and you walk away stronger then you were.


" Those listening to the show will hear Dawson encouraging listeners to call TheHopeLine during the live show. Every month, thousands of teens and young adults take the opportunity to talk with a HopeCoach at TheHopeline. HopeCoaches are trained volunteers that listen and offer encouragement and a different perspective to the issue the person is facing. At the end of the call a HopeCoach will offer the caller an approved partner professionally trained to counsel and or offer tangible support within the callers’ trouble area. Due to the partnerships we have established, we are able to offer real hope and ongoing support that can continue for weeks or even years depending upon the need and desire of the caller"

http://www.thehopeline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment