Friday, October 17, 2014

Time To Move On

I have spent too much time focusing on my illnesses and how they bring me down and how i feel like they are ruining my life. I need to step back from all this and start over. No more letting my illnesses control me. Except, its easier said then done.
I have been sick for almost two years and at first i had lots of friends and family that supported me and tried to help me. But as time went by, they stopped calling and checking in. And finally, it was just me and my thoughts to bring me down. Too much time to think and let my illness take over. Soon, i became "the sick girl" whenever anyone asked me who i was. They all seemed so shocked that i would describe myself that way. But I've thought of myself as the "sick girl" for a very long time.

I sit at home on the couch and watch movies and read a ton. I rarely leave my house because i rarely feel good. And when i do feel good for once, it doesn't last long enough for me too do much. But that's no excuse. Tonight is the night everything changes and i move past being the "sick girl". Tonight i stop letting my illness control me and get a grip on reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment