Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Not Her

Every time I look in the mirror, I turn away from my reflection. Her face stares at me, trying to mold me into who she is. The person I see each time I look in the mirror is someone I swore I would never be. That person is my biological mother.

I'll save you the frustrations of me and my mom's sob story/my childhood story. They are not worth recounting or even remembering.

She's so far from the person I thought she was that I've come to hate her. I thought maybe after all these years that she had changed, that she wanted me with her. Turns out she only wanted me so she could try and mold me into her 'baby girl" that she left so long ago.

If I could write a letter to her it would start something like this. "I may look like you, but I will never be like you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment